Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
150g fresh tagliatelle
15g flaked almonds
35g grated parmesan
1 red pepper
3 tbsp of olive oil
1 garlic clove
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Cut the pepper in half, scoup out the seeds and lay them on a baking tray. Drizzle over some olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste, roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until the skin is starting to turn black.
- While the peppers are cooking make the pesto. Wash the watercress and remove the large part of the stalks. Keep a few springs to one side then put the rest in a blender, add 2 tbsp of olive oil, the almonds, 20g of grated parmesan, ½ a crushed garlic clove and 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Blend together to form a rough paste. Season to taste and if necessary add a little more oil, the paste should be quite moist.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and peel off the skins. Let them cool down a bit first. Cut them into strips about 1.5cm wide and set aside.
- When the peppers are ready bring to the boil a large saucepan of salted water. Add the tagliatelle and boil for 3 minutes, drain most of the water away leaving about 1 tbsp then stir in the pesto.
- Serve the pasta and pesto with the strips of pepper, remaining watercress leaves and a scatter of parmesan on top.