Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes to one hour
350g salmon fillets skinless
300ml of Greek yoghurt
100g kale with rough stalks removed
30g grated parmesan cheese
100g bran flour Sharpham Park fine or any other bran flour
100g wholemeal spelt flour
120g butter room temperature
3 tbsp water
½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Season the salmon fillets. Lay on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Should be only just cooked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Make the pastry. In a large bowl mix together the flours and salt. Using your hands rub in the butter until the mix resembles crumble. Add the water and mix to form a dough. Wrap the dough in cling film and place in the fridge for 15 minutes while you make the filling.
- Bring to the boil a saucepan of water (3cm deep). Add the kale and simmer for 4 minutes until cooked. Stir a couple of times. Drain well and press out any excess water or lay out on some kitchen paper.
- In a bowl add the eggs and beat together. Add the yoghurt and mix well. Add the grated parmesan and kale. Flake the salmon in to pieces and add. Season well with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Lightly grease a 24cm round flan tin. Pat the pastry into a flat round on a floured surface then roll out to a rough circle large enough to line the tin. Dust it with a small amount of flour, shake out any surplus then lower in the circle of pastry. Push the pastry right into the corner and up the sides above the edge of the tin. Line the pastry case with baking paper and baking beans and bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and carefully lift the beans and paper out. Trim the edges.
- Pour in the filling and bake for 20 minutes or until it is firm to the touch. Remove and serve with salad.