Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
250g fresh lasagne
4 small courgettes
2 garlic cloves
250g ricotta cheese
150g grated cheddar
1 ½ tbsp olive oil
500g jar of tomato pasta sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre heat the oven to 200C.
- Immerse the sheets of lasagne into a bowl filled with boiling water and leave to one side while preparing the other ingredients.
- Remove the outer rough layer of the leeks, clean and finely slice. Grate the courgettes and crush the garlic. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil, fry the leeks until soft, add the courgettes and garlic and continue to fry until soft. Stir in 2/3 of the ricotta cheese and 2/3 of the cheddar, season well with salt and pepper. Set to one side. Heat the tomato sauce.
- Take a rectangle oven dish aprox 20 x 30cm. Cover the base with 1/3 of the courgette mix, then add one layer of pasta followed by 1/3 of tomato sauce then another 1/3 of the courgette mix then a layer of pasta. Repeat this one more time, spread the remaining 1/3 of tomato sauce on top of the pasta. Scatter the remaining ricotta cheese in blobs on the top followed by the grated cheddar.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the pasta is cooked.
- When the pasta is almost ready heat ½ tbsp of olive oil, add the spinach and cook for a couple of minutes, season to taste.
- Remove the lasagne from the oven and serve with the spinach.