500g duck breasts
400g pitted tinned cherries
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp ginger
75g crème fraiche
300g French beans
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Pre heat the oven to 200C
- Start by preparing the potato rosti. Peel and grate the potatoes. Give them a good rinse and squeeze out any excess liquid. It is best to do this in a T towel or cloth. In a bowl mix together the potato, crème fraiche and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to cook
- Heat a large frying pan. Fry the duck breasts on a high heat for 3 minutes skin side down until brown and crispy, turn the duck over and fry for a further 2 minutes. No oil needed. Transfer the breasts to a baking tray and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and set aside to rest for a couple of minutes, keep covered with foil until ready to serve.
- While the duck is in the oven. In a large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and the butter. Add mounds (about a tbsp) of the grated potato mixture flatten the surface with a spatula and fry over a medium-low heat for about 3 minutes on each side until they are browned. Lay them on a baking tray and transfer to the oven for 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes and duck are in the oven make the sauce. Drain the cherries and reserve the juice. In a medium sized pan add the juice from the orange, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp of ginger and the cherries with the reserved juice. Cook for 5 minutes on a high heat until the sauce reduces by 1/3. Mix the corn flour with 1 tbsp of cold water. Add to the cherry sauce and cook until it thickens.
- While the sauce is reducing put the beans on to boil for 6 minutes or until cooked.
- Cut the duck into slices and serve with the rosti, sauce and beans.