Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
600g chicken thighs boneless and skinless
300ml natural yoghurt
2 cloves of garlic
50g flaked almonds
2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp runny honey
¼ tsp chilli powder or 1/2 chopped fresh chilli
1 ½ tbsp ground coriander
½ tsp turmeric
1 tbsp cumin
200g brown basmati rice
300g broccoli florets
- Put the chicken thighs in a bowl and using your hands mix with the juice of a lemon. Set to one side.
- Finely slice the onion and crush the garlic. In a large casserole dish or frying pan (needs a lid) heat 1 tbsp of olive oil, add the onion and fry until soft, add the crushed garlic and all the spices, fry gently for 1 minute. Add the chicken thighs with the lemon juice and gently fry for a further 3 minutes so that the chicken is coated in the spices and is slightly browned. Add the yoghurt, almond flakes, ½ tsp salt a pinch of pepper and honey. Simmer with a lid on for 30 minutes (turn the chicken pieces after 15 minutes).
- When the chicken has been cooking for 10 minutes, in a medium sized saucepan bring to the boil 300ml of water, add ½ tsp salt and the rice, cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the rice is cooked. Drain and set aside with the lid on.
- While the rice is cooking boil the broccoli. Strain and add a knob of butter, season to taste.
- When the chicken is cooked stir in the coriander and serve with the ric
Tips: Also goes well with spinach.