This is a great tasty healthy recipe that works well for children too.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
3 chicken breasts
4 tbsp wholemeal bread crumbs
3 tbsp fresh parsley
2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
500ml chicken stock
1 ½ tbsp flour
2 garlic cloves
250g brown rice
- Bring to the boil a large saucepan of salted water, add the rice and simmer for 20 minutes
- While the rice is cooking make the chicken balls. Finely chop the parsley then mix together with 2 garlic cloves crushed, 4 tbsp breadcrumbs, zest of the lemon, ½ the juice of the lemon, 1 tbsp of Greek yoghurt and a good pinch of salt (1 tsp flat) and pepper. Blend the chicken in a blender (should be roughly minced), stir in the parsley and breadcrumbs then using your hands mix together well. Using a desert spoon take the mixture and form into balls (size of golf balls). Set aside on a plate.
- In a medium sized saucepan bring to the boil the chicken stock and add the chicken balls, simmer for 8 minutes. Drain off the stock and keep to one side. Melt the butter then add the flour and stir well to make a paste, slowly add the milk and then 300ml of the chicken stock, the juice of ½ the lemon, salt and pepper and the remaining parsley. Stir well and simmer for 3 minutes then add the rest of the Greek yoghurt and the chicken balls.
- While the sauce is simmering cook the peas.
- Add the chicken balls to the sauce and stir. Serve on top of the rice with the peas.